Up to £2k Business Grant- you pay nothing, it’s simple and flexible!
Date: 31 January 2022
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
But only until 17 June 2022…. Don’t miss out. No match funding required – so you spend nothing!
Rarely is there an opportunity to quickly receive up to £2,000 in business funding, with no strings attached, and no need to pay it back.
With funds from the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) and a programme being delivered via WSX Enterprise, that is exactly what you can get!
And alongside there is 1-2-1 business support, access to free events and videos to help you grow your business.
The grants can be from from £500 to £2,000 and are available to eligible pre-starts or SMEs.
The funding is incredibly flexible, ultimately its all about helping your business move forward and grow.
Eligibility requirements are straightforward. Full details can be found on the WSX website – but the key facts are that business must:
- Be impacted by Covid19 in some way
- Have a clear blocker that is stopping your business moving forward, which could be alleviated through the provision of grant funding
- Be operating in East Sussex (excluding Brighton and Hove), Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend or Thurrock
- Be a pre-start, start-up or established SME, social enterprise, CIC or charity that is involved in economic activity
- Qualify for one of the 3 programmes outlined below
To get started, register on this website: https://digital.wsxenterprise.co.uk/
You’ll see a big Register Here orange button to click on!
Three Business Support Programmes
There are three programmes available to support businesses, and you must complete one of these to be able to apply for a grant:
- Business Start Up (BSUP)– your business can be pre-formation or a pre-start providing you have a viable idea that is likely to lead to your organisation operating during and after the pandemic
- Business Success Programme (BSP)– your business must demonstrate evidence of active trading but will have formed less than 3 years ago (as sole trader or registered with Companies House)
- Adapting with Digital – your business must be have been actively trading for one year upwards (as sole trader or registered with Companies House)
Following registration, you are able to access 121 advisory sessions, expert masterclasses, online events and an extensive library of expert videos.
All business support is free of charge, online and available to access until 30th June 2022.
- Register your business at https://digital.wsxenterprise.co.uk/
- Book a 1-2-1 with a Business Advisor
- Depending on the most relevant programme, you’ll need to complete 2 – 5 hours of additional business support to meet the grant eligibility. This could be time spent attending events, watching videos on the WSX website or having further 1-2-1’s, but this will be explained on your initial 1-2-1
- Finally, a brief online grant application is submitted
- Whilst it can take less time, we advise you to allow 6/7 weeks from applying for a grant to hearing if you have been successful
- At that point you can then purchase the items/services agreed (within a 2 month period) , submit your proof of purchase and receive the money back into your bank account soon after.
Don’t forget you can also continue to utilise the many free business resources/business support until 30 June 2022.
Grants are only available until 30 June 2022 so please apply asap if you are interested- the programme can take a month plus to complete.
Should you have any queries regarding the grants, please contact the WSX team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go on – take that first step to helping your business bloom – you have nothing to lose!
See our other blogs about business grants and marketing funding.