Marketing Funding Round-Up 2022
Since June 2020 we’ve been promoting a number of marketing funding streams that are available to SMEs – and they are still running in 2023 (and onwards for some). They each have different criteria and are for different types of businesses.
We thought it would be a good idea to have all the information in one place, so it’s easy to distinguish which support is right for you and your business. Here’s a list of what’s available right now… just chat to us if you’d like to know more / be introduced 🙂
Marketing Funding for Start Ups and Established SMEs – 40% Grant via Invest4
- Start up, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who have less that 250 employees and less than 50m Euros turnover, or less than 43m Euros as a balance sheet total
- Need to be located in Croydon, East Surrey, Gatwick Diamond, Brighton & Hove, Lewes and West Sussex (Coast to Capital area) – but may potentially be eligible if you are close by and could add to the economic growth of this area
- To be eligible for this business growth grant, your business needs to demonstrate that it wants to increase turnover, create new jobs or produce new products for the market.
- This funding also covers the purchase of capital items as well as marketing.
We understand that this scheme runs until September 2022.
These are ‘match-fund’ grants where the business pays 60% and the funding scheme pays 40%:
- Small grants of between £2,000 to £5,000. For these you submit a small grants application form. Start ups can only apply for small grants.
- Large grants of between £5,000 to £170,000. For these you need to submit an Expression of Interest form in the first instance.
Marketing Funding for SMEs – 30% Grant via SEBB
UPDATE MAY 2021 – this has now changed to be an (almost) capital only grant – it can’t be used for just marketing anymore at this time. However, if there is a piece of marketing work that ties in alongside your capital purchase, in order to grow the business, that could work!
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who have less that 250 employees and less than 50m Euros turnover, or less than 43m Euros as a balance sheet total
- Need to be located in East Sussex, Kent and Essex (not including Brighton)
- Minimum grant is £1k, so the project cost must be a minimum of £3k to receive £1k marketing funding – 30% of your project costs could be paid for.
- Projects for marketing support should ideally include some capital equipment expenditure that supports the business development plan (not including routine upgrades).
To find out about other supports, grants and advice for businesses locally contact the East Sussex Growth Hub either by visiting their website or call them on 01273 335878.
If you are in the Brighton / Coast To Capital area, do take a look at their website to find out about further options.
Schemes that have now closed
Marketing Funding for Manufacturers – 31% Grant
Closed March 2023
- Any manufacturer that meets the definition of a SME who have less that 250 employees and less than 50m Euros turnover or less than 43m Euros as a balance sheet total
- Based in East Sussex, many parts of Kent and Essex (not London Boroughs) and other parts of the country
- If you make, produce, print or assemble a product or service of any kind you could apply
- The minimum project spend is £3k in order to claim the 31% grant
Marketing Funding for ‘Green’ Businesses – 40% Grant via LoCase
Closed March 2023
Business Development Grants of up to £20K!
Did you know that government grants of up to £20,000 are available for businesses across Sussex?
The programme is called Low Carbon Across the South and East (LoCASE) and is run locally by East Sussex County Council and the University of Brighton. The money can cover business growth projects, such as marketing and advertising, as well as helping your environmental impact. The grant can cover 40% of expenditure towards your business growth.
Up to £2k Business Grant – you pay nothing, it’s simple and flexible! – WSX Enterprise
This grant has now been oversubscribed and was due to close anyway on 17 June 2022.
- This grant is all about helping you move forward and grow
- Available to pre-starts, SMEs and social enterprises, CICs and charities involved in economic activity
- Be operating in East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend or Thurrock
- Fully funded grant of £500 – £2000 – you don’t pay a penny
- The process starts with booking a 1-2-1 with a Business Advisor
Funds come from the South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) and the programme is being delivered via WSX Enterprise.
Rarely is there an opportunity to quickly receive up to £2,000 in business funding, with no strings attached, and no need to pay it back.
*Free* Marketing Support for SMEs in East Sussex – SEBB – Finished Mid April 2022
- You need to fit the SME definition and be a business that has the potential to work smarter and grow. Ideally you want to increase turnover significantly and recruit staff later too.
- Fully funded marketing support – you don’t pay a penny
- There are two different options for gaining free marketing support:
- Big Ambitions – if you are a business owner with ideas about what you’d like to do to take your business forward, you may be able to access 12 hours of free support from various experts including 8.5 hours of marketing support from us!
- Ready to Grow – if your business is less than 1 year old, you may be given the option to have time with an experienced business advisor and join 10 likeminded small business owners attending 10 workshops on a 10 week programme. This covers a variety of business topics (including marketing from us)
What clients say who’ve received funding…
Pearce Marketing is a brilliant, friendly and knowledgeable marketing agency based in East Sussex. I used them to help with SEO and digital marketing for my business SwetWipes Ltd. Emma and her team were professional, responsive and experts in their field. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others and look forward to working with them again in the future.
Liz Barnes, SwetWipes Ltd
Through Now! Charity Group, I have been working with Emma and her team for the past 2 years. The Pearce Marketing team provide an excellent array of services and we have benefited tremendously from their support whilst navigating COVID-19 challenges over the past 12 months. I’d recommend Pearce Marketing to any prospective business seeking a consultant.
Michael Ryan, Now! Charity Group
Emma has an amazing way of gleaning the information I didn’t know I had in me. She was able to pick up and run with personalising my website wording to reflect my personality. Emma has helped me to write my new website. She has been extremely helpful and produced effective and interesting content for the website.
Elizabeth Kelly, ECK Bookkeeping
Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! I cannot put into words how accommodating and supportive Emma has been. Pearce Marketing has helped us so much within just 8.5 hours of support – helping with Facebook strategy, website amends, SEO, social media content and training. They definitely went above and beyond for us and we are so grateful.
Lyndsey Jenkins, Blackpool Pre-School
If you have any questions about the marketing funding available please do get in touch. Contact us on email@example.com and we’ll be able to help you! Who wouldn’t want to receive free marketing support? 😊